As an active blogger, one of the most important additions to your strategy is the ability to capture and engage the attention of blog subscribers. Improving upon your content, honing your skills and maximizing your site’s value is key to increasing brand awareness and blog traffic.
A blog that screams quality has mastered two vital elements. Superior content and a rhythm or “groove” in the frequency and voice in which the content is presented.
If you are a blogger interested in building a loyal following and increasing your blog subscribers, integrating a few powerful strategies into your blog can and will improve performance.
Increasing Blog Traffic
While I cannot offer one “magic bullet” that if implemented will skyrocket your traffic and blog subscribers, I can tell you that fine tuning your blog, focusing on your goals and then remaining consistent in your efforts will generate results.
Commit to just a few of the actions below if you are ready to succeed as a blogger and truly make more then a hobby out of your online efforts.
4 Tips to Increase Blog Subscribers:
1. Make it Easy to Subscribe
This one might sound incredibly basic, but can be easily overlooked. It’s not enough to simply provide excellent content, you want to give the reader an easy way to stay up-to-date.
- Use a pop up form (e.g. Pop Up Domination) and ask your visitor for their subscription to your newsletter or other valuable giveaway.
- Offer an incentive for subscribing such as a white paper on the “Top 10 Mistakes Made By Homebuyers.” Make subscribing visible and easy by including the text “Subscribe by E-mail” and “Subscribe by RSS” above the fold and then use Feedburner to track your subscriptions.
- Create a monthly newsletter that will allow you to stay in front of our database on a consistent basis.
- Use a system like Aweber or a free version of MailChimp to place a highly visible and easily accessible opt-in form on your blog. With this system you can send out a welcome email and automatically place vistors into a drip email campaign.
2. Flex Your Blogger Muscles
Have you been a sporadic blogger with updates that are few and far between? Even the most beloved blogger will begin to lose a following if they can’t provide consistent value to the reader. Post quality content that encourages new subscriptions and repeat readership with a minimum of 3 posts per week.
- Create a Blogging Calendar: This allows you to stay focused on the quality and consistency of your content. The key is to keep an eye on your niche market and an ear to the ground so you are constantly listening and responding to what your readers needs are.
- Blog Content: Build out your calendar with answers to frequently asked questions, video tips, event feedback and other relevant topics suited for your audience to keep your message fresh.
3. Become a Guest Blogger
Identify two blogs relevant to your niche and submit a guest blog request. Guest blogging on well established authority blogs can increase the awareness and visibility of your website and blog as well as boost your reputation as a leader within your niche.
Chances are an authority blog that has been around for a good amount of time has an established and loyal readership. Your job as a guest blogger is to offer quality content that connects with their readers. Do your homework, determine your value and then reach out to the blog owner.
4. Do a Little Housekeeping
When was the last time you took stock of your blog theme, plugins, keywords and content? Is it easy to navigate and nice to look at? Have you properly optimized your posts and pages? Take time to make your site visually appealing for readers, but also appealing to search engines.
A regular analysis of your goals, optimization of your website, and a simple tracking system will offer insight into blog health and growth.
Be diligent in keeping your site up-to-date and relevant. The rewards are well worth the time and effort!