The end of the year is always an exciting time to evaluate and assess what marketing strategies worked in 2011 and which ones fizzled. As we head into 2012 we should be focused on creating a marketing plan that is focused, targeted and strategic. For those that take the time to plan and create a detailed strategy, there is much success to be found. While we will continue to see a purging from our industry, the opportunity available to those left standing will be immense.
The question is how to run a leaner business with the same efficiency and skill we have in the past. With that in mind, I’ve compiled the Top 5 Marketing Strategies for a Stellar 2012 designed to give you a creative boost and get your thought process rolling!
5 Essential Marketing Strategies for a Stellar 2012
1. Don’t Go It Alone: No one succeeds by going it alone. We all need to surround ourselves with those people that support and promote our well being as well as success. Reach out to persons around you that have your best interests at heart. Ask for their advice and draw on them for solutions to your most pressing issue’s. Likewise, hire professionals to delegate tasks that do not require your day-to-day attention. The question to ask yourself in 2012 is where your time will be best spent? Stay focused on those tasks and ONLY those tasks. The rest can and should be given away.
2. Measure Your Results: There is no marketing endeavor worth embarking on that should escape being measured. There are tools galore when it comes to analyzing and tracking your goals and results. Too often I see real estate agents beating the same old marketing drum year after year without any knowledge of whether the initial go-round was even successful. Take the time to evaluate your progress and make appropriate changes to your strategy.
3. Keep Pushing Forward: As you see your friends and colleagues leave the business do not get the impression that you can slow down or take a break in your marketing efforts. Keep pushing forward with your plans and make sure that you are constantly investing back into your business. Just because the pack is thinning does not mean you can shirk your marketing responsibilities. Get the word out in new and innovative ways to your target market and keep it fresh, fun and engaging!
4. Do Your Homework: When times are good, a lot of money is thrown at marketing strategies in the hope that something will stick. In a down market, our fast and loose ways with those marketing dollars must be curtailed. Whether you are researching a new system, tool or marketing campaign – Do Your Homework! Test your theories and discuss your strategies. A lot has changed in the last several years; especially over the last 12 months. What might have worked in the past is no longer viable. Research and be objective in your decision.
5. Stay Focused on Your Goals: In order to generate results, you must stay committed to your plan and overall goals. Take your time to map out your strategy and determine what your key objectives are. Then ask yourself a few important questions:
- What steps will you take to reach those goals?
- What is your timeline?
- What tools will you use to create results?
- What are your expectations?
Stay hungry and best of luck in 2012!