Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
Even though I know how important it is to live with an “attitude of gratitude” I certainly don’t spend enough time reflecting on it.
I’ve only learned within the last couple of years the impact that saying “I’m grateful” can have on your life and those around you. I was challenged recently to write down the 100 Things I am Most Grateful For and wondered initially if I could complete such a task.
But by the end, I could have kept going and going. What an unbelievably powerful feeling this seemingly simple list has generated! Here I share my Top 50 plus one because it’s so darned important.
51 Things I Am Most Grateful For
- God’s grace
- My husband who thankfully continues to put up with me day after day, year after year
- My two boys that show me daily what the true meaning of abundance and wealth really is
- My two pups that put joy in my heart every time I walk through the door
- My mother who is a constant reminder of what living a life on purpose can look like
- My father who gives me strength and an unflinching desire to continue my journey to the next amazing accomplishment
- My two sisters that are my best friends and proof that blood is thicker then water
- My business partner and best friend who never lets me see a dark day alone. You truly are the “wind beneath my wings”
- Friendships that surpass understanding and allow me the freedom to just be me
- My business coach that always encourages me to not just do more, but be more
- Road trips to places unknown
- Memories of my grandmother and grandfather that define who I am and what I am still yet to become
- Stepping into the unknown and succeeding beyond my wildest dreams
- Finding My Life’s Purpose
- Getting the chance to do what I love on a daily basis
- Writing a blog that touches another
- Sharing the gift of a smile
- Making new friends and reuniting with old ones
- Family reunions
- Sunny days
- The smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves
- My front deck…the single most tranquil spot I know
- Butterflies that remind me how beautiful life is
- Wine and popcorn
- Quotes that inspire and motivate
- A hug when you least expect it
- A Starbucks latte on a cold and rainy day
- Losing myself in a good book
- Staying up late and chatting with a good friend
- The people in my life that keep everything in perspective
- Unfailing love
- All of my failures, struggles and stumbling that allowed me to see that there is a far more abundant life on the other side
- All of the opportunities that have and continue to come my way
- The road less taken
- Warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies
- Pumpkin ice cream that only comes around this time of year
- Snuggling under a starry sky
- A day watching cheesy old movies that feel like comfort food for the soul
- A lazy day lying in the sun at the lake
- Sharing every holiday (and then some) with my family
- Shutting out the world with my ipod and just writing and writing and writing
- The magic of words to transform
- The freedom to just be me and knowing those around me accept me as I am…faults and all!
- Those that hold me accountable and call me out when I’m not living at my highest and best
- Photographs that transport me back to a special place and time
- My passion for life
- Dancing to the beat of my own drum instead of led by the rhythm of another’s
- Sharing what you are most grateful for and opening up a wealth of abundance in your life!
Start your list today and then share it with those you are most grateful for.
So often we spend valuable time trying to figure out what it is that we need to enrich our lives.
Then one day we wake up and realize that everything we ever needed was right here all along.