You just hit publish on your latest blog post, now what?
If marketing and promoting your blog feels overwhelming, you’re not alone. It’s a challenge all writers face.
I was honored to join Atomic Reach last week on #AtomicChat where we dished details on how to tweak, promote and boost your latest blog post!
If you’re looking for ways to amplify your message and get the word out about your blog, then this post is for you!
Plus, don’t miss the Infographic at the end that includes tips from our chat.
Boost Your Blog Post
Q: Before you hit publish, what elements can you tweak in your article?
- Start with your headline. Your blog title is the tantalizing treat that draws readers to your content.
- Don’t settle on the first iteration of your blog title. Work with it play with it, and test it out.
- A tool I love to use is the Advanced Marketing Institute’s ‘Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer.’ It rocks!
- The biggest key of all is to understand your target market and know who you’re talking to and what will drive them to click-through to your article.
— Brian Fanzo (@iSocialFanz) June 24, 2014
Q: SEO has taken a backseat, but we shouldn’t ignore it. What should we consider?
- While SEO certainly isn’t dead, SMO (social media optimization) is a vital tool in any bloggers tool belt.
- SMO is the ability to use social media to leverage an expanded conversation.
- With SMO, you leverage an expanded conversation and open up your blog to a whole new audience. It’s a win/win!
- Here’s a great explanation from Peg Fitzpatrick on SMO vs. SEO and why both offer unique value.
Q: Are bookmarking sites still relevant?
- Absolutely! Bookmarking is a great way to balance how and where you’re sharing your content.
- It helps index your content for search and creates a catalog, making it easy for anyone to find.
- Remember, they’re also a social sharing site. Some people still prefer to get their daily news there.
Q: How many times should one blog post be shared?
- Over and over and over again. Just give it a fresh face. Rework you’re your title and call to action.
- A common misconception is to tweet or post once. Never assume everyone in your audience saw it. Share, share, share!
- And share in new and unique ways. Use quotes, tips and how-to’s from your post to keep interesting.
— Atomic Reach (@Atomic_Reach) June 24, 2014
Q: What are some good blogger communities/networks we should share in?
- My top resource is Triberr – an amazing community designed to amplify your message and expand your reach.
- I’m also a big fan of Social Buzz Club. You find/connect with your fav bloggers, add your blog and start sharing others content!
Q: What are some other great ways to drive traffic to your blog posts?
- A strategy often overlooked is commenting on other blogs within your niche. It builds relationships and reciprocity.
- Did you offer a tip in your latest blog post that is worth sharing again? Refresh, renew and repurpose it!
- Create a unique graphic and share it on Pinterest. Make sure it’s branded and positions you as the go-to expert.
Q: Promoting takes as much time as writing the post. How can we automate some of this?
My go-to tool is Sprout Social. I love how easy it is to manage multiple accounts and a team. (and look – they’re even active listeners)
- I also use Buffer daily. It’s simple to auto schedule your fav content and then drip it out across multiple networks.
- Use a tool like Save Publishing to find tweetables in any online article It’s an amazing time-saver!
- Always use automation in moderation. It should never replace you or your ability to get “social.
Quick Tips to Boost Your Blog Post [Infographic]