How would you like to log into Facebook each morning to see a vibrant, thriving business page?
And what if you could make new contacts daily, tapping into all that Facebook has to offer?
You can! It just takes commitment, planning, and a little know-how.
Because no matter what you’ve heard, Facebook is still a powerful marketing tool.
It can help you take your business marketing to the next level (IF you have a smart Facebook strategy in place).
Whether you need to make a few simple tweaks to your current page or perform a complete overhaul, these Facebook marketing techniques will help your page get seen.
5 Facebook Marketing Techniques to Get Your Page Seen
Tip 1: Build Out Your Bio
Just because you build a Facebook business page doesn’t mean people are going to flock to it. There are a few things you need to do to ensure people can find you and that when they do, that they want to follow you.
Your first step is to craft your bio. Create a 150 and 300 word bio for your short and long description. Here’s a great example from one of my favorite ladies (and pages), Sally Hogshead:
See how she speaks directly to the needs of her fans? Keep this in mind as you put yours together.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add in details about your skills, talents, awards, who your perfect audience is and how you help your clients or users.
- And don’t forget to sprinkle in keywords. These are the phrases that will help search engines and people know what you’re all about.
- Remember, this isn’t a time to be salesy or spammy. Think useful, helpful and informational/educational about you and your company.
- Add information that helps fans and potential customers take that next step with you. What do they need to know?
- Think about client needs and then position the content in your bio to meet those.
Tip 2: Write a Memorable Tagline
Your next step is to create a memorable Facebook tagline.
A tagline makes your company sticky. It brands your business and leaves an indelible mark in the mind of your fans.
Just think about how some of the most popular taglines have stuck with you throughout the years. Here’s a few of my favorites.
- BMW The ultimate driving machine
- BOSE Better sound through research
- Bounty The quicker picker-upper
- Capital One What’s in your wallet?
- GLAD Don’t get mad, Get GLAD
- M&Ms Melts in your mouth, not in your hands
- Nike Just do it
Each one of those taglines is easy to remember and simplistic in its mission.
So, how can you come up with a clear, memorable and actionable tagline for your business?
- Pick one that you will want to keep around for a while. Make it relevant to today, tomorrow and years ahead.
- Choose one that is easy to remember and will make people think of you every single time they hear it.
- Share the one thing you do better than anyone else in a succinct way.
Once you’ve nailed down your tagline, add it to your page.
- Short description box
- Long (extended description)
- Cover photo
- Logo/profile picture
Tip 3: Create a Branded Cover Photo
From your Facebook graphics to your logo, videos, and cover image – create a seamless look and feel that’s a direct representation of your company.
The best place to start? With your cover photo.
It’s one of the first things people will see and a perfect place to brand your business and tell your story.
But don’t just stop there. Use it to promote your products, share what’s happening within your business and talk about upcoming events.
Here’s a mix of industry related content to get your creative juices flowing!
Now that you’re feeling inspired, make sure you change out that cover often.
Take action and head over to Relay – choose the Facebook cover template and create your own unique design.
Tip 4: Add a Call to Action to Your Page
Your next stop is the Call to Action button. Here you can direct fans to a product, service, your latest webinar or even a book.
Begin by brainstorming what that next step is you’d like your fans to take.
Now look at the 7 call to action buttons:
- Book Now
- Contact Us
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
Once you know what they are and which one makes the most sense, it’s time to get one active on your page. Here are a few ideas on how to use them from social media strategist Peg Fitzpatrick.
- Book now *for consulting calls or intro appointments*
- Contact Us *for brick-and-mortar businesses to grab local customers*
- Shop Now *for any service company or to drive traffic to your Etsy business*
- Sign Up *to grow your essential email list (this should be your default!)*
- Watch Video *could be the gold-standard choice to tell your story*
You can see what they look like in action on Peg’s page:
Tip 5: Spice Up Your Page With Video
‘Spice’ up your Facebook Page by using video.
Make sure your videos are short, entertaining, and captivating. Your goal with a video should be to leave the person who just watched it feeling like you helped them.
You should also allow them to gain insight into you and your business.Let people get to know you!
Wondering what type of videos you should create?
- If you’re a blogger, think about the content you’ve already written. How can you repurpose that into new media?
- Share a useful tip, offer your advice, share words of wisdom or brighten your fans day by making them laugh.
- Talk about an upcoming event and what your fans would gain by attending or following along on your adventure.
- If you’re a local company, video the area, local events, holiday happenings or landmark/historical areas that connect your fans to your local business.
However you choose to use video, make a plan to incorporate it consistently. Your fans will love getting a glimpse into your day to day activities.
The tips above might feel easy to implement, only taking a few minutes to execute.
But while they might be simple, their impact can be significant.
Take the time today to put thought into each one and transform your Facebook page from blah and boring to branded and engaging.
Which tip will you take and implement today?