Ever wonder how to connect, engage and create meaningful social media conversations? Or how to break the ice on sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus?
Sure you have! It’s only natural.
We all want to connect — to establish relationships that matter. But times have changed.
Social networking has revolutionized the way your business is making connections.
With traditional networking, you had to dress up and go to a local event if you wanted to meet someone. With the advent of the Internet, that necessity faded away.
Today, building relationships is as simple as logging into your favorite social network. In fact, it’s one of the driving forces behind Facebook.
At Facebook, we build tools to help people connect with the people they want and share what they want, and by doing this we are extending people’s capacity to build and maintain relationships. – Mark Zuckerberg
So, what’s the secret to creating genuine business connections, no matter the social network?
Preparation. That, and a combination of networking skills, common sense and a little practice.
But where do you begin? And how do you reach out to someone new, start a conversation and extend it beyond meaningless chitchat?
It’s simple. Ask questions!
That’s right. Prove that you’re more than just the posts and tweets you’re pushing out.
With questions, you can dig deeper, gaining insight into the people sharing space within your social media world.
To help you get started, I’ve launched my new eBook that includes a back-to-basics approach to relationship marketing. In it are 100 social media questions and a step-by-step to help you get the conversation started.
And the best part? It’s FREE!
The questions included will:
- Offer real insight into the people you connect with online.
- Create beneficial relationships for both parties.
- Give you a deeper understanding into how you can best support your community.
- Encourage referrals through targeted information.
- Open the door of opportunity and business growth.
Want a sneak peek? Below are 25 of my favorite questions that you’re probably not asking, but should.
And — to help you get to know me better, I’ve included my answers below. Take a look!
25 No-Fail Social Media Questions
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What movie could you watch over and over again?
- Are you a cat or dog lover?
- Where did you grow up?
- What is the best thing to do in your hometown?
- What is your favorite pastime?
- Who do you admire the most, and why?
- If you could run away for a day and do anything you want, what would you do?
- What was the last thing you geeked-out about?
- If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
- What does your perfect pizza look like?
- What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?
- What is your favorite knock-knock joke?
- If you could star in any TV show throughout history, what would it be and who would you be?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- What is your superpower in business?
- If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
- If you could adopt a baby or an animal, which would you choose?
- It’s your perfect night – are you snuggled up with a good book on the couch or spending a night on the town with friends?
- Tea or coffee?
- What is your favorite flavor of Jelly Belly?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your favorite time of the year?
- Would you rather hike a mountain or lay on the beach?
25 Social Media Answers
- You’re exactly the same offline as you are online. (love this!)
- I have several movies, but “Love Actually” is one that I can watch no matter when it’s on or what I’m doing at the time.
- If you’re connected to me online, you know my love of dogs. I have two Chihuahuas and am a huge pet rescue advocate.
- In beautiful, sunny Southern California. It’s my home in every way.
- I love where I live and choosing just one favorite is almost impossible. But, I’m always drawn to the water. Spending time at the beach makes my heart happy, especially when there’s a sunset involved.
- Hanging out with my favorite people — that would be my hubby and two pups. At the moment, our favorite place to hangout is an amazing gourmet pizza joint around the corner. It has the most beautiful outdoor patio and a big wood stove for the perfect pizza. A glass of wine and my three boys equals the best night for me.
- My mom and dad. They are both the hero’s of my life. I’d be nothing without all that they instilled in me from the moment I was born.
- Drive north along the coast and soak in the view.
- Meeting Pat Flynn. I’m a huge fan of Smart Passive Income and totally geeked out when I met him this last week at the speaker party for Social Media Marketing World in San Diego.
- Build another business. I love a challenge.
- Interesting that my top 25 involve pizza. 😉 My favorite pie is fig, prosciutto and arugula. So delicious!
- Any rollercoaster.
- Knock knock.
Doris locked, that’s why I’m knocking! (insert groan)
- I Love Lucy. Lucille Ball is everything I aspire to be — funny, witty, smart, self-deprecating, inspiring and brave. But most of all, humble. She’s quoted as saying, “I’m not funny. What I am is brave.” (humble)
- Wonder Woman. I mean seriously, who doesn’t want a magic lasso and invisible plane?
- Connecting the dots strategically.
- The guitar. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play. Eddie Van Halen inspires me!
- Animal. Specifically, every Chihuahua that needs a forever home.
- A good book.
- Coffee in the morning. Tea in the afternoon.
- Hands down — popcorn. But yes, I did have to pull out the bag to taste test.
- Peanut butter. or Pizza. or Macaroni and Cheese. or Bacon. I’m a free spirit that can’t be tied to just one food and you can’t make me. 🙂
- Italy. I’m married to a 100% Italian and would love to see all that makes the country (and him) amazing.
- Spring. Everything is new, fresh and ready to bloom!
- No question about it. I’m all about the beach.
What question do you like best? Pick one and answer it in the comments below!
And don’t forget to download your FREE copy of “100 Questions to Create Meaningful Social Media Conversations.”
[optin_box style=”2″ alignment=”center” email_field=”email” email_default=”Enter your email address” integration_type=”aweber” double_optin=”Y” thank_you_page=”https://rebekahradice.com/one-step-away/” list=”3823147″ name_field=”name” name_default=”Enter your first name” name_required=”Y”][optin_box_field name=”headline”]Discover How to Create Meaningful Social Media Conversations![/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+RG93bmxvYWQgbXkgRlJFRSBlQm9vayB0b2RheSBhbmQgZGlzY292ZXIgaG93IGVhc3kgaXQgaXMgdG8gYnVpbGTCoHJlbGF0aW9uc2hpcHMgYW5kIHN0cmF0ZWdpYyBwYXJ0bmVyc2hpcHMgdGhhdCBtYWtlIGEgZGlmZmVyZW5jZSBpbiB0aGUgaGVhbHRoIGFuZCBncm93dGggb2YgeW91ciBidXNpbmVzcy48L3A+Cg==[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”]We value your privacy and would never spam you[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”0″ button_below=”Y”]Get Instant Access![/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]