Whether you are a newbie or an active user, finding who to follow on Pinterest can be difficult. From your favorite personal topics to your business niche, locating inspiring Pinterest content can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack.
So how can you find the content you crave and the pinners you love without spending hours jumping from one site to the next?
Below are 40 of my favorite pinners, in no particular order. While I could have continued on with an endless supply of excellent Pinterest boards to follow, these are the specific boards (and pinners) that keep me coming back time and again for more of that Pinterest eye-candy!
Top Pinterest Boards to Follow (by category)
Social Media Marketing
- Peg Fitzpatrick – Peg’s bio says “Rockin’ a Positive Attitude” and for anyone that knows her, this perfectly describes her personality! From social media tips to branding, follow Peg for a your daily positivity and creativity boost!
- Ching Ya – Ching Ya is a self-proclaimed social media addict and her boards prove it! There is an unbelievable amount of valuable content found in her boards. From Facebook to Google+, you will find yourself pinning again and again!
- Keri Jaehnig – Keri is an energetic and informative social media marketer that works with businesses to achieve social media success. She’s also a fellow coffee addict who loves to pin for both professional and personal reasons, which can be seen in her 50 boards and over 1500 pins!
- Kelly Lieberman – Kelly is the founder of #Pinchat and a wealth of Pinterest and social media information. If you want to learn more about using Pinterest to market your business, then turn to Kelly. She is an amazing resource!
- Sarah Arrow – Sarah is a blogger who shares a huge curated board of her favorite blog posts. She is well worth a follow and her content is definitely worth a read!
- Paul Biedermann – Paul is the Creative Director/Owner of re:DESIGN, building your brand in the digital world. If you are interested in creating your own seamless image then Paul’s boards are for you!
- Louise Myers – A design and branding specialist, Louise offers boards that will enlighten and inspire!
- Marie Forleo – From the moment I landed on her blog a couple of years ago, I was hooked! Marie is a motivator and incredibly inspirational when it comes to creating your brand and marketing your business.
- Irene Becker – Irene’s pins are just like her personality — fun and spunky. You will find communication, business and career tips to inspire and ignite your business.
Home Decor and Design
- Better Homes and Gardens – It’s hard not to mention BHG when you’re discussing home decor and design. With over 200,000 followers, they remain one of the top brands on Pinterest.
- Censational Girl – Fabulous DIY, design, interior decorating, and home improvement tips for less.
- House and Home – Canada’s #1 design and decorating resource!
- Remodelaholic – With everything from breakfast tips to DIY projects, these pins are beautiful and sensible as they help you create a beautiful home and life!
- Laura Monroe is the social media director at Inman News and has fabulous style finds mixed in with her favorite foods and real estate treasures.
- Bill Gassett is a RE/MAX real estate professional who I have had the pleasure of getting to know through social media. He is extremely active on Google+ and Pinterest and willingly shares his 25 years worth of wisdom and experience on a daily basis. If you are in the real estate industry, whether you specialize in mortgage, title or home decor, Bill is a must-follow!
- Steph Davis is a real estate professional and social media trainer in New York who does an exceptional job branding and marketing her business on Pinterest. Whether you’re interested in real estate or social media, you will find plenty of inspiration here!
- Lisa Archer is a real estate professional and co-founder of Geeky Girls. You will find tech, real estate and anything to do with life and family.
- Marcie James is the social media and marketing manager at Obeo and a fellow dog lover. She pins everything from fabulous spaces and places to delicious new recipes to try.
Travel and Leisure
- Jane Wang has another fantastic board called “Places I would like to go.” You are certain to find an abundance of locations for your next vacation!
- Freshome – One of my favorite blogs moves their prettiest pictures to Pinterest! Their “Hotels and Resorts” board offers a huge amount of options as you plan your next getaway!
- Travel Dreams – Each board will give you ideas on where you want to go and where you would like to be right now!
- Style Me Pretty – Helping you create a fairytale wedding.
- Jane Wang – Beautiful images of DIY wedding ideas that allow you to get creative without incurring the huge cost typically associated with planning a wedding.
- Cindy Battle – Cindy shares her love of baking and crafting with us and thank goodness she does. Just wait until you see her massive amount of DIY pins!
- Debi9Kids – Deb, a mom of 9, shares her best tips to decorate your home on a dime!
- Brittany Baughman – A blogging mom who shares her favorite crafty tips and DIY inspirations.
- Etsy – It would be difficult to create a list like this without including the reigning queen of DIY!
- Lucky Magazine – My favorite fashion magazine with all of their pretty little things ready to pin.
- Eat.Sleep.Wear. – A graphic designer and fashion blogger with impeccable taste!
- Refinery29 – A flood of visual inspiration — straight from their amazing blog to your pin-loving soul.
- Edition01 – A massive curation of fashion and lifestyle collaborations among top designers, media figures and tastemakers.
- Glitter Guide – Your guide to fashion, trends, beauty, design, food, culture and all things glitter! What girl doesn’t love glitter?
Food and Drinks
- Michelle Kay – As a professional blogger and food enthusiast, Michelle serves up a little bit of everything. However, it’s her “Good enough to eat” board that will left me drooling!
- Maia McDonald – Enjoy her delicious board that’s perfect on colder days. Food, soups and stews will leave you hungry for more of these tasty pins!
- Three Many Cooks – Whether it’s sweet, salty or something in between, you will find exactly what you’re craving here!
- Curt Despres – A curation of bbq treats and tempting alcoholic treats like his homemade mojito!
- Nicole Bosak – A lover of all things vintage, sparkly, beautiful & romantic, but it’s her brownie bars that drew me in!
Random, Fun Follows
- Angeline Stacy – Whether you follow her on Twitter or Pinterest, Angeline is fun, enthusiastic and a fantastic engager!
- Stephanie Bell – She is one busy pinner with an eye for the beautiful and creative! I would highly suggest you check out her fashion board which includes over 500 incredible pins!
- Lena Martinez – If you love funny facts and quotes, Lena has the board for you. Don’t miss her curation of 200 funny and whimsical pins!
- Last but not least, my own favorite board. I am an Infographic junky. I can’t seem to get enough of their pretty design and creative statistics. This board pulls together over 100 of my favorite social media infographics curated all over the web.
So there you have it. Not 40, but 41 of my favorite boards. What topics did I miss and what do you like to pin? I’d love to hear your suggestions in the comments below!
Full disclosure: Links on this page may be affiliate links which means that if you decide to buy, I will earn a commission. 3 things you need to know: I only recommend products I use within my own business, am extremely happy with, and can confidently promote.